Winter adventures in Skagafjörður
Join us for our winter tour here in Syðra-Skörðugil. In this tour we have a limited number of riders and good riding skills are needed. You get the change to ride good and experienced competition horses as well as great riding horses. You will hopefully ride on ice, see some northern lights if the weather conditions is on our side and a lot more fun stuff!
- 14-18th February 2018 & 7-11 March 2018
- Good riding skills are needed
- Age limit is 18 years old
- Transportation from and to Keflavík
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the tour
- Accommodation for 5 nights
- Riding equipments, saddle, bridles, helmet, raincoats
- All transportation during the riding tour
- Flights to and from Iceland
- Alcohol beverages
- Riding clothes: pants, boots, jacket, gloves and etc.
The farm Syðra-Skörðugil is a family farm. So when you come and visit us, you become one of the family. That means you are welcome to stay and be a part of our daily routine. You help us feeding the animals, help us with the horses and ride as we do. Elvar, the farmer, has alot of experience riding horses, he is also a certified riding instructor. What we want you to experience by visiting us, is our hospitality and friendship. We have many good horses you can choose from, both four and five gaited. You will get the change to ride flying pace, if you have not done that before, and a lot of other experience while your stay here at our farm. We are very much looking forward to meet you.
Here are some pictures of our great competition horses that you might get the chance to meet:
Roði from Syðra-Skörðugil - 1st prize stallion.
Lárus from Syðra-Skörðugil - Very experiensed competition horse, with a lot of awards.
Gjöf from Sjávarborg - young mare with a lot of potential - Great four gaiter - has scored 9.5 for slow tolt.
Hrappur from Sauðárkrókur - Great pacer! Best time in 150 m pace race is 14.43 and 2nd fast in Iceland 2015.