Sheep round up - Staðarfjöll
Come up with us to the mountains Staðarfjöll to collect our sheep that have been enjoying the summer. Get to know the farm live first hand.
- 4 - 9th September 2019, 6 days (4 riding days, three short rides (3-4 hours) and the last one is extra long)
- Good riding skills are needed and good physical condition
- Age limit is 14 years old
- Price 1800 EUR
- Transportation from and to Keflavík
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the tour
- Accommodation for 5 nights
- Riding equipments, saddle, bridles, helmet, raincoats
- All transportation during the riding tour
- Flights to and from Iceland
- Alcohol beverages
- Riding clothes: pants, boots, jacket, gloves and etc.
Every summer in June our sheep (approx. 1,500) are sent to the mountains Staðarfjöll, that is close to our farm. There they spend the summer raising their young lambs in peace and quiet. In the beginning of September we go on horses to get them back home before the winter arrives.
This is an amazing adventure and you get to know the Icelandic nature and the Icelandic horse in its best moments. What is most important, you get to spend time with the farmers and get to be a part of the farm live. Be a farmer for a day or two !!!