Laufskálarétt round up
Join us for the biggest horse roundup in Skagafjörður. We ride with the locals and bring home their horses to the roundup in Laufskálarétt, Hjaltadalur.
The Laufskálarétt corral is the most popular corral in Iceland. Every year about 3,000 people come to spend the weekend in Skagafjörður and be a part of the great Laufskálarétt.
The Laufskálarétt weekend begins on friday night with a big riding show in the riding hall Svaðastaðir in Sauðárkrókur. On saturday the horses are brought to Laufskálarétt from the beautiful valley, Kolbeinsdalur.
- September 27 - 30 , 4 days (3 riding days)
- Good riding skills are needed
- Age limit is 18 years old
- Price 1500 EUR
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the tour
- Accommodation for 3 nights
- Riding equipments, saddle, bridles, helmet, raincoats
- All transportation during the riding tour
- Flights to and from Iceland
- Alcohol beverages
- Riding clothes: pants, boots, jacket, gloves and etc.
This event is big here in Skagafjörður and the whole weekend is made for us who love horses so you don´t want to miss it!